They inform students about various career paths open to artists and designers, schedule on-campus recruitment events, provide one on one coaching sessions, host workshops to support the development of application materials such as resumes, cover letters, portfolios, reels and much more.
Connect With A Career Coach
CCS’ Career Coaches advise students to support students to identify personal goals and plan long-term career strategies. Specifically, they help students identify internship and employment opportunities, strategize for successful job interviews and will support the development of employment materials such as cover letters, resumes, portfolios, and more,
Find a Job or Internship With Handshake
CCS’ virtual career platform allows students to search job postings and internships, and upload their resumes and sample work for employers to review. All CCS students receive a Handshake profile on their first day at CCS. Our Career Development team is always ready to help students create the most engaging profiles on Handshake.
CCS Four-Year Career Plan
Freshman: Discovery and Understanding
- Get to know your faculty mentor, department Chair and Career Coach.
- READ, READ, READ industry relevant materials.
- Start a portfolio by documenting every project.
- Sign into Handshake and create a profile, which is provided by CCS.
- Schedule an appointment with your Career Coach to start creating a career plan.
Sophomores: Research and Exploration
- Research companies/organizations of interest for internships, residencies & fellowships.
- Deepen your understanding of professional expectations.
- Research and explore career opportunities that are exciting.
- Populate a portfolio/demo reel with your companies/organizations of interest in mind.
- Meet with your faculty mentor for advisement to support your career interests.
Juniors: Refine Your Plan
- Continue developing a professional portfolio/demo reel.
- Develop an internship plan. Explore timing, opportunities, and benefits and review expectations. Create application materials for internships including a resume and cover letter.
- Build your network! Connect with the people you meet on social media.
- Refine your verbal presentation skills for interviews that take place in person or virtually. Request an informational interview with key companies/organizations.
- Get your portfolio approved by your faculty mentor or Chair. Submit your portfolio for inclusion on the CCS Portfolio Site shared with all CCS industry partners each semester.
Seniors: Execute Your Plan
- Meet with your Career Coach to finalize your plan.
- Compile your target list including potential places of employment, graduate schools, fellowships/residencies, and other artistic opportunities.
- Refine and target your application materials to pertinent opportunities, being thoughtful in your approach.
- Research salary trends in your field based on the location of the company/organization.
- Follow-up with relevant contacts in your network to let them know you are graduating and interested in employment opportunities.
Career Development Staff
Executive Director, Office of Partnerships