Art Education Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Upon graduation from the CCS Art Education Program students will demonstrate:
1. Mastery of art materials, techniques, and delivery appropriate to K-12 art education as evidenced through successful Behaviors and Dispositions and end-of-course assessments.
2. Proficiency in the development of culturally relevant pedagogy appropriate for all levels of K12 students as evidenced by successful lesson and unit plan writing in required courses.
3. Theoretical and practical comprehension of the learner and learning as evidenced by successful completion of required courses, practicum and field experiences.
4. Proficiency in delivery and instructional practice as evidenced by the recommendation of mentor and supervising teachers in directed teaching.
5. Professional responsibility as evidenced by a demonstrated commitment to teaching, leadership in the field, service to the community, and reflective learning.